This time last year, the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Race and Community hosted a meeting in parliament on the Windrush Scandal.
People affected by the scandal, campaigners, MPs and the media came together to put pressure on the government to act.
A year on, JCWI, The Runnymede Trust and the APPG are holding another session. With the compensation scheme and lessons learned review having launched this month, we will look at what has changed and what still needs to be done.
Speakers will include:
- Rt Hon David Lammy, MP for Tottenham and vocal defender of Windrush citizens
- Jacqui McKenzie, immigration lawyer and Windrush Action Steering Group advisor
- Patrick Vernon OBE founder of Windrush Justice Fund and Windrush Day campaigner
- Elwaldo Romeo, Chair of Windrush Action and affected by Windrush Scandal
- Kimberly McIntosh, Senior Policy Officer, The Runnymede Trust
Date and Time:
Wed, 1 May 2019
17:00 – 19:00
Committee Room 10
Palace of Westminster
Register for FREE Tickets